Invincible (The Trident Code)

Invincible - Alana Albertson 3 stars

This is an honest review and may contain spoilers. You've been warned.

To be honest, for an amazing blurb, the book was somewhat a disappointment to me. It could be a wonderful read if it weren't for the story was too short, too rush and a lot of unanswered questions and unsolved puzzles. The connection between Patrick and Annie didn't reach out. It was there but dull. Hence, I didn't enjoy the romance. However, it had a great beginning. I was hooked.

My opinion on the characters is sadly to say I read them and got to know them but I'm still clueless about them. No complex development. Blame it on the fast paced, the rush of the story. How badly I wish it were another way around. I could love this book. Too bad, though.

Another thing that didn't reach to my satisfaction is the excitement. I was expecting to get intense suspense action pack because the blurb was sure sounded like one so. Apparently, it wasn't. I did get some action but it wasn't enough. It wasn't thrilling even and the rescue was so easy I didn't believe it. It didn't make sense.

Surprisingly, I loved the writing. It was captivating. It's the reason I didn't give this up and chose to stick until the end. IMO, this author is good and I will keep tabs on her. I hope her next book in the series will be way much better.

Read on your own peril.